- Hardy Parkerson, J.D.: Those Chicks at Starbucks by Hardy Parkerson O I haven’t written a poem/ In quite a long time,/ So I guess I’ll try writin’ one/ And try to make it rhyme. If I work real hard/ And have a little luck,/ I might become a bard/ Writin’ ‘bout Starbucks. Seems all those beautiful gals/ Have gone to Starbucks, Slick;/ So I gotta get over there, Pal/ And find me a chick. Those Starbucks gals/ Look like a bunch of movie stars;/ But it’s I in my old truck/ And they in their fancy cars. But I’ve found out somethin'/ 'Bout a truck I didn’t know:/ It’s if you have a truck,/ It’s with you they wanta go. Somethin' ‘bout a truck/ That makes a Starbucks honey/ Wanta climb up in that cab/ And help you spend your money!
- Hardy Parkerson, J.D.: Too Many Laws by Hardy Parkerson Phone's been a-ringin' Off the wall. People with problems Continue to call. Too many lawyers, I've heard 'em say; But I say we don't Have enough today. People got problems And serious ones too; Come see the lawyer To learn what do do. Some of 'em even got A few bucks to pay; And, when they do, It makes my day. Lawbooks' becomin' A thing of the past; Wonder how long This thing's gonna last! Just got a call From the F.B.I.; Wants to talk to my client Who ain't gonna lie. In need a break, Just a brief pause; It's not too many lawyers, But too many laws.
- Jim Brown’s Weekly Column: The FBI, a soap opera and General Petraeus! « Slabbed: [...] security. There have been no public displays or actions embarrassing to the CIA or the military. Read more……. Share [...]
- Jim Brown’s Weekly Column: Romney – If he had only listened to his instincts « Slabbed: [...] and two-faced when he chose Ryan as his vice president, who had voted for the auto bailouts. Continue reading….. Share [...]
- Jim Brown Extra: Our lives were changed by 9/11 « Slabbed: [...] OUR LIVES WERE CHANGED BY 9/11 [...]
695 Comments »